Thursday, September 29, 2011

YOGA YOGA YOGA!!!

Yoga is an excellent way to tune up your body and your mind and a consistent practice will definitely lead to a healthier, happier you.  Yoga has become very popular and there are many great places to practice around here. 

A regular yoga practice can also provide and excellent sense of community, practicing with a like minded group of others will give you so much support and positive energy to help keep you committed and having fun.


There are many different yoga styles and it is a good idea to try as many as you can to figure out which works best for you.  Also keep in mind that yoga can be tough at first, you may not fall in love with it after your first class.  However if you stick with it and stay open to the experience you will have found something that can transform your life.


I started practicing yoga about seven years ago and am getting more and more from it all the time.  I am constantly discovering new inspirations, truths, and joy through my yoga practice. 
My start was mainly in Hatha and Vinyasa flow styles, which are great.  I feel they provide a great physical workout as well as skills for overcoming challenges using the mind and breath. 

My most recent discovery is an absolute love of Kundalini yoga.  I did not like this style much at first but started taking classes with Collin Kim, at Crunch a few months ago and am absolutely hooked.  I try to practice at least once a week and through this class have gained a ton of confidence, and learned to feel secure and joyful even when things are going crazy around me.  This practice is a large contributing factor, to my life in joyful light and I would 100percent recommend it to everyone! If Crunch is too far you can check out Yoga West.

No comments:

Post a Comment